Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Adventures of Donut Falls

This past weekend, Alli, Deborah and I hiked up to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon. I went crazy with my new camera and took tons of pictures but I only selected my favorites to put in the slide show. The trail to Donut falls is quite an easy hike but once you get to the falls you can choose to hike in the water, scaling rocks as you go to get to the very top of the Falls. I chose to not do this but rather to set up my camera and tri-pod and take pictures, Deb however jumped into adventure mode and was climbing up the side of the mountain and saw a girl slip and fall that was climbing up the Falls.(for full account of the story check out Deborah's blog.) Lost in my camera I did not see this happen but once I was made aware of what was going on we tried to think of ways to help her. so Deb hiked to where the girl was and was signing to me what needed to be done. I am grateful that the American Sign Language skills that Deb and I have actually came into use. Since the water was very loud we were able to communicate with out much problem, other then it was hard for me to see Deb but once I put my zoom lens on my camera It was just like signing to her from across the room. Luckily we had Alli with us who is a CNA and an RN showed up as well and we were able to get a hold of the paramedics and get the girl some help. We didn't stay to see if they got her down cause it was getting pretty cold and once they did get her down we would only be in the way. We don't know how things turned out but I am positive it ended as happily as that situation could have.

1 comment:

Chelsee said...

my my that WAS an adventure. I love Dount Falls that is where Matt and I were engaged! Good times. I also love that you are still signing!