Monday, July 7, 2008

Parades, Rodeo's, Fireworks and More!

I love the Fourth of July! Better yet I love not having to work on the fourth of July, despite the fact that it was a holiday I woke up early and with the lack of anything better to do I watched a movie until it was time to go to the Parade. It wasn't too hot, thanks to the cloud cover and the slight breeze that made the parade bearable. After the Parade mom and I went shopping. Later that night I went to the West Jordan Memorial Park where a "celebration" as they call it was going on. I was disappointed in the number of activities that the park had provided and the number of booths that had shown up to the fair. Later Deb, Alli and I went to the Rodeo, which has been a tradition of ours for a few years now. It was so much fun, even though it was hot, and there was no leg room to speak of for someone of my height it was still lots of fun. After the rodeo we watched the firework show that the park puts on ever year. Thanks to all the Military men and women past, present, and future, who enable us to enjoy the freedoms that we do and to celebrate such a wonderful holiday!

No comments: